Re: eCos Lockup on CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> > This code allows your eCos application and RedBoot to share device
> > drivers.  Things could go terribly awry if your new device driver
> > does something odd.  In particular, if you loaded your application
> > using the network (via a GDB TCP connection, or started it by
> > connecting
> > to RedBoot via TELNET), then there could be complications.  In
> > particular, driver calls to "diag_printf()" can cause problems.
> >
> > When you say "lockup", exactly what do you mean?
> > What kind of application/configuration are you running?
> > How did you load this application?
> >

> I disabled the CS8900 ethernet driver in my eCos code.  I then connect
> to Redboot on the board using GDB and attempt to run it.  This shouldn't
> cause a problem since RedBoot doesn't have anything to do with PCMCIA or
> the WaveLAN card, right?

I believe it'll use anything claiming to be an ethernet driver in your app
though, if the redboot was built with its net stack. As soon as packets are
received they will be passed to redboot for inspection.

Admittedly, I can't remember the exact point where that happens so I can't
be entirely sure it'll happen in this instance.