Re: boot ecos from Assabet

I suspect running "ecosconfig tree" will rewrite
ecos.ecc.   There must be a different place to
change CYG_HAL_STARTUP.  ecos.db doesn't look
promsing.

I tried another things but it didn't seem helpful

change
packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/cdl/hal_arm_sa11x0_assabet.cdl

    cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
        display       "Startup type"
        flavor        data
        default_value {"ROM"}      <-----------
        legal_values  {"RAM" "ROM"}
	no_define

> ecosconfig tree
now, ecos.ecc shows

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to
provide one.
    # user_value ROM
    # The inferred value should not be edited
directly.
    inferred_value ROM
    # value_source inferred
    # Default value: ROM                <-----------
    # Legal values: "RAM" "ROM"

> make
> make hello

However, hello is still elf format and no "ROM
version" is created.

I am still searching.....

> > If I understand Garry correctly, I should change
> > bin/install/include/pkgconf/system.h:
> > #define CYG_HAL_STARTUP RAM

> > #define CYG_HAL_STARTUP ROM
> >
> > and run examples/Makefile to create a ROM version
> of
> > hello.  Is this correct?
>
> Not really.  You should edit the value in the
> 'ecos.ecc' (CDL
> database file) and then rerun:
>   % ecosconfig tree
>   % make
> Then you can go back and rebuild 'hello'.
>
> Note that this will build an application, suitable
> for programming
> into the Assabet ROM *** AS THE STARTUP APPLICATION
> **.  Once you
> install it, that's all you'll be able to run on the
> board until
> you reprogram the FLASH with a different image.

=====
Robert Lee
Software Engineer