Was interrupt latency (ARM7) ..Off topic

Jonathan,

> Maybe. But do remember that eCos is a soft real-time system, not hard
> real-time.

It's good to see someone from an RTOS vendor actually acknowledge this.
 When we moved into the world of commercial RTOS vendors 4 years ago I was
bombarded with the most amazing nonsense about the "hard real-time" "fully
deterministic" nature of the systems with their "guaranteed interrupt
response times" etc etc.  Unfortunately, I actually believed some of the
waffle from the sales drones. It was therefore quite an unpleasant surprise
to see interrupt response times varying from 20 uSec to >170 uSec when we
first started getting our applications running.  The response from the
vendor was "Oh...you want to use ethernet and the TCP/IP stack as
well?....that changes everything!"

I guess one just has to live and learn. :-)

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff Patch
Senior Software Engineer