From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gthomas@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 6:53 PM
To: Warren Jasper
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: Re: [ECOS] SA1110_BOARD_CONTROL

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 06:02, Warren Jasper wrote:
> Could some one tell me the location and meaning of the
> following registers (that appear in the assabet HAL)
>
> SA1110_BOARD_CONTROL
> _assabet_CFG
>
> Is the board control register located in the IO space of the PCMCIA card?
> Any help on what is going on would be appreciated.
>
> I am trying to port the CF Ethernet card to my custom board, which has a
> PCMCIA slot and a SA1110.

This particular register is implemented discretely on the Assabet board.
It contains bits to drive various signals, in particular some of the
"out of band" signals on the PCMCIA bus, like the voltages and bus
drivers.

The separate variable/function _assabet_CFG is required because the
board register is write only :-(