Re: CAN

Jepsen Hans Peter wrote:

> We found, that the serial communication does not work with interrupts. Find
> in the attached zip-file an updated version of
> packages/devs/serial/arm/evmcan/current/src/evmcan_serial.c
> and a patch to
> packages/devs/serial/arm/evmcan/current/cdl/ser_arm_evmcan.cdl

In fact, the issue remaining before integration in the main sources is that
of getting a copyright assignment. The same would apply to your changes.
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/faq.html#contrib_assign has a pointer to the
forms, so it would be good if you could send those, after which we can take
patches from you with impunity!

> Please note, that the CAN-controllers on easyCAN3 chip is not supported by
> the current port.

Ah, that may reduce the usefulness to Anthony.

> Also that the port is based on ecos-v1.3.1.

Sigh, oh well.

> To us it seems, although we have have not analyzed this, that there are some
> similarities with Atmels AT91 controller. Adding the contribution to the
> main sources might utilize this.
>
> Jonathan, if you want someone to do some testing of the integration of the
> contribution, you are welcome to contact us.

In the absence of hardware on our side, that would be useful when the time
comes.