Question about writing Device Driver

Hi all:
   I am currently using an ARM E7T board. And I want to add some exteranl
device to this board. I would like to write the device driver for the
exteranl device. what I want to do is to access the external device via the
system address and data bus then set the configuration register in the
external device. The external device has been memory mapped. So if I want to
develop my own device driver in eCOS what should I do? and what procedure
should I follow? In the eCOS manual I can't find any information about
setting the configuration registers of the exteranl device. Thank you for
any help. (Or any sample code or example for such situation?)

Best regards!

Mr Huang Qiang
Postgraduate Student
Room318 B-Block
Department Of Electrical Engineering And Electronics
University Of Liverpool
Brownlow Hill
Liverpool L69,3GJ
UK