Re: Which cvs tag to use to download the redboot source forthe ipaq demo

On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 18:54, wyeepeng@dso.org.sg wrote:
> Usually, the latest codes are not fully tested. So, they are less stable.
> That's how I felt. Thanks anyway.

A reasonable precaution, but in this case probably not warranted.  Our
anonymous CVS sources are a reflection of our internal CVS tree which
undergoes constant testing and scrutiny.  Anonymous CVS updates are only
made [actually allowed] when the current tree is in working order, as
proven by the literally thousands of tests we run daily in our test
farm.  While it is possible that errors creep in, they are very rare.

As for 100% guaranteed and stable "releases", these are few and far
between.  The last one that we've been able to commit to the net was
made in March of 2000!!  This is not to say that we've not made other
releases in the interim, but they were made privately to customers.
The net versions only come about when we've had sufficient time and
resources to make the [considerable] commitment to building and testing
a single version.  The CVS tree, on the other hand, is kept up to date,
and as mentioned above, can be considered a very stable environment
to work from.