Re: Thread messages problem.

felixwong@i-technologies.cc wrote:

> Hello Jonathan,
>
> I tried to remove the "debugging messages for the kernel device initialisation" part,
> only debug message for my own harddisk device was enabled.  Then the $T messages
> gone & the system runs without any error.
>
> However, within my file system where I print out the debug info using "diag_printf" to print
> test values to "ser0" of my EB40, the similar message appears.  Have you ever met the
> same problem when you diag_print lots of debug messages using your EB40 board?

The thing is that a $T packet is the debugging stub trying to tell GDB it
hit an exception. Although the addresses are all mucked up as I said. It
may mean stack corruption/overflow, or just your program has done something
silly like access illegal memory, run an illegal instruction, or divide by
zero or something like that.

> Is it related to the serial port buffer (which I set to 1024 byte)?  Or anywhere I can set my
> default stack size in eCos configuration tools?

Given this is at initialization time you could probably try to increase the
size of the interrupt stack in the HAL.