Re: DOC bootup on pc

qin hf wrote:

> Hi,everyone!
> I'm new to ecos. I have successfully boot the ecos from flopy using redboot. I have read the latest docs of ecos ,and now I have some questions about redboot and ecos.
> 1.What's the relationship between BIOS and redboot, can redboot completely replace BIOS?

It could although we haven't done it yet. But it depends what you're after:
booting redboot from ROM/Flash shouldn't be that difficult; but also
providing BIOS services is a lot of work.

There is some work out there by the linuxbios people though to work with
RedBoot.

> And can I use both redboot and BIOS in a single system. Just as what

described below.
> 2.I have a piece of Industrial pc(IPC) board with AWARD BIOS on it , and I pluged a DOC(disc on chip) on the board. The DOC an be partitioned using tools such as fdisk and formatted just like a hard disk. I can boot DOS from the DOC. Now, I wonder wether I can install redboot into the DOC and boot the ecos from the DOC using redboot? If I can do it, how can I? If I can't, does there exist other solutions

Yes, but you'll need to add code to do the hard disk booting. eCos (which
does the real work) only knows how to boot off floppies really right now.