Block devices vs Character devices.

The block device option for eCos was added recently.  I am writing a hard disk block
device driver.  However, I have some questions about how to invoke the block device feature
of devfs.  I would like to clarify something before I modify "devfs.cxx" for block devices.

1.  There seems no mechanism to redirect calls to devfs's bwrite, is it true?
2. CYG_DEVTAB_STATUS_BLOCK was supposed to be used for identifing if device Block or Char?
	How comes /dev/tty device with this flag set?
3.  Should BLOCK devices use bread/bwrite instread of read/write?