tcp_echo test on x86 reports low transfer rate

Hi,

I ran the tcp_echo test on eCos and found very low numbers...
tcp_sink or tcp_src indicate after ~3mn a rate of ~0.4Mb/s !

When replacing (on the same machine) tcp_echo on eCos with
Linux_echo on RedHat 7.1, tcp_sink and tcp_src indicate
after only .75sec a rate of ~89Mb/s !

To be sure the test is not broken, I ported and ran Linux_echo
on ecos but still find number ~0.56Mb/s.
So I am thinking it is either the TCP stack or something wrong
with my settings.

My current configuration:
I built the default eCos for  i386 PC target to which I added
'Common Ethernet Support' and 'Networking' packages.
I am currently booting with RedBoot and getting my IP address via Bootp/DHCP.
When I load tcp_echo and start it, it also indicate same IP address via Bootp/DHCP.
My network card uses an Intel 82559 chipset and can run up to 100Mb/s.
The switch can go up to 200Mb/s in full duplex and my code is less than one month old.

Any idea? I hope it is only something wrong with my configuration,
but I cannot figure out what exactly.

Regards,
Sam Sortais.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup