Re: Synchronization

>>>>> "Schmidt" == Schmidt Henning Larsen <HenningLS@danfoss.com> writes:

Schmidt> Can I call isig_sem( ID semid ) in an ISR or DSR ?
>>  See http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.13.htm
>> l#pgfId=1080346

>> You can only call the signal function of a conditional variable
>> from the DSR. So I guess the answer is no.

>> Jesper

Schmidt> But how shall I understand:
Schmidt> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.a.html#pgfId=1033803
Schmidt> can't I use these functions.

Only from threads. I believe the normal approach is to create a thread
that does whatever it is you want to do as part of the interrupt
handling, and then use condition variables to start it from the DSR.

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before on this list. Look in the
archive.

Jesper