Re: eCos -Jeeni compatibility.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:10:09PM +0530, rudra Chaudhury wrote:

> I am using Cirrus logic EP7211 board and eCos as my RTOS. Using gdb I am
> able to download code onto my board and execute without using Jeeni, i.e.
> without any hardware debugger support.
> When I use Jeeni as between the board and gdb then also I am able to
> download the program. The problem is that I am unable to step in( which is
> possible if I do not use Jeeni), however I am able to put breakpoints and
> able to proceed step by step(i.e. I can do the "next" operation). When I try
> to step inside, instead of going inside the control goes to the next line of
> the code.
> for example if I have a sample code:
> 1. main()
> 2. {
> 3.    func_abc();
> 4.    func_def();
> 5. }
> 6.
> 7. func_abc()
> 8. {
> 9.     pqr();
> 10. }
>
> when I am in line 3 and request for a step in then instead of going to line
> 8 it goes to line 4.

Are you compiling with optimization turned off?  If
optimization is enabled, the compiler may have optimized away
the whole call.   Are you saying you can put a breakpoint at
line 9 and it stops there, but it never gets there by doing
"step" commands?  That's very strange.

> I suspect that I need to do some configuration to Jeeni.
> On receiving the Jeeni I configured it using:
> ejconfig -com1 -i 10.0.0.42 -s 255.255.255.0 -g 10.0.0.5 -c ARM7TDI
>
> Do I need to do some other configurations as well.

Nope.  We've got three of them and we never had to do anything
other than set the IP addresses.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com