CDL configuration question

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding the CDL configuration options.
The background is this. We are trying to port Redboot to MC68360 (QUICC)

Based board. I am planning to use  the already available MBX board's
port ( PowerPC-MPC860) for ease of porting.

Basically I want to use the HAL header files generated using the  ecos
config tool for powerpc mbx target and later changing them according to
my target specifications. I will compile and link the files using my own

make file.  Will this generate the correct bin for my target ??

I was thinking that .cdl files are used only for generating some
#defines in the header files and these header files are used later for
compiling source files.   Are the .cdl files are used directly during
compilation also ??  What is ecos.ecc file ?? Is this file used by the
ecos config tool while
compiling and linking the source files or only while generating header
files ??  Can I edit this file suitably for my target and build the
sources ??

or ecos.ecc is used for compilaton/linking ??

Pl help me out ...

Thanks and Best Regards
Surya