About .ecm files

Hi all,

What are .ecm files under the directory  hal/powerpc/mbx/current/misc/
?
I have copied all mbx target's files for creating a configuration for my
MC68360 Based Board.
Am I have to change the .ecm and stubrom.perm files also accordingly for
my target ??
What these files are used for ??

Gary,
Can you please tell me about these files and what changes I need to do
??

Thanks and Best Regards
Surya