RE: looking for tips on programming in C for embedded systems

Hi There,

> Is there a good article anywhere on tips for programming on
> eCos (and low-memory/MIPS-scarce systems in general) ?
>
> I have been coding in C for years, but I found one
> new thing already while working with eCos: don't -

This is not eCos specific, but Jack Ganssle's web site www.ganssle.com has
a whole bunch of useful and thought-provoking articles on programming
embedded systems. Topics covered include lists of embedded programming
books, debugging ISRs, collections of numerical algorithms etc.  I'd highly
recommend browsing around there for a while.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to wish a safe and happy holiday season to
all the eCos folks out there, particularly the guys at Redhat.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff Patch
Senior Software Engineer