Re: Mirroring ecos cvs repository

Stefano Costa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> do anyone have experience mirroring the ecos cvs repository locally
> (by means of some utility called by cron on a Linux box), so that
> each local developer can see the ecos cvs on the local machine
> exactly as the RedHat remote repository? I know that several
> efficient methods exist, like rsync, CVSup etc. but they require that
> the server-side part is installed at the CVS repository location and
> this is not the case of RedHat I guess.bye- Stefano

Actually you can! It's not widely known, but there's an rsyncd on
sources.redhat.com. To do this you can rsync from
sources.redhat.com::ecos-cvs for example:

$ rsync -v -a sources.redhat.com::ecos-cvs .
receiving file list ...
./
CVSROOT/
CVSROOT/Attic/
CVSROOT/Attic/CVS/
CVSROOT/CVS/
CVSROOT/Emptydir/
ecos/
ecos-opt/
ecos-opt/net/
ecos-opt/net/net/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/eth/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/eth/common/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/eth/common/current/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/eth/common/current/Attic/
ecos-opt/net/net/drivers/eth/common/current/Attic/CVS/
[snip]

However this should only be used as a last resort as the full repository is
much larger than just a checkout. Please don't abuse it.