Re: ECOS APPLICATION - $ PROMPT RETURNED BUT w/o CVS REPOSITORY

[ Please CC ecos-discuss - we don't do one-to-one support ]

Subodh wrote:

>     I really don't know what I did but the $ prompt returned after running the
> application.

What application?

> I didn't download from CVS repository.
>     I saw a "makefile" in the examples directory which was created yesterday only.
> Earlier I think it was not there. Earlier, there was a file "Makefile"  [ Capital M ].
>
>     This "makefile" is completely different then the Makefile that is obtained after unzipping
> ecos1.3.1.tar.gz   At the beginning it says that
> "# This is a generated file - do not edit"

You got this makefile by running "ecosconfig tree" (or saving in the
configuration tool) in the source repository. Don't do that.

>       When this "makefile" is there in examples directory, the $ prompt returns.
> With "Makefile" $ prompt doesn't return. Can you throw some light on this?  I am attaching
> this "generated" makefile.

You attached a word document. But I was able to decrypt it anyway.

>     Also, I am trying to run ecos application for target ARM processor but I am unable to
> compile. The message appears that "No 'stdio.h' file found in path". I think I am making a mistake
> in setting the value of XCC in Makefile. There are options for arm7, arm-thumb and others but I don't
> see only arm. In the eCos website, there are only arm and arm-thumb options and I selected arm.

You probably didn't set PKG_INSTALL_DIR in the makefile correctly.