Re: gets() and task scheduling stopped

>Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>> Gary Thomas wrote:
[...]
>> I know it's a bit late, but I wonder if we
>> should have defined
>> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_NONBLOCK instead of
>> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC so the looping
>> is done outside of the ROM monitor. Maybe
>> we should, and switch to that?

> Yes, that would help.  There would still be
> [short] periods where things
> are turned off, but overall the system
> would keep running.

Thanks Jifl, Jesper and Gary for helping to
understand where the scheduler was locked.
To solve my current problem, I will try to use a socket or interrupt driven serial driver to do IOs as you suggested but surely changing to GETC_NONBLOCK would improved things. I will give it a try tomorrow (need to go now...).

Thanks, Sam.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup