RE: RE: ECOS APPLICATION - $ PROMPT RETURNED BUT w/o CVS REPOSITORY

Hi,

  U were right, The arm.ld was from the path you mentioned. I removed that. Following is the command and output.

   arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm7tdmi                       -nostartfiles
-L/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/install/lib -Wl,--gc-sections -o hello
hello.o -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
make: *** [hello] Error 1arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm7tdmi
-nostartfiles -L/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/install/lib -Wl,--gc-sections
-o hello hello.o -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
make: *** [hello] Error 1

     Then I cleaned up everything in /opt/ecos and started new. Then I found
that when I gave the command ecosconfig tree in ecos-work, the tree was not genetrated
properly - at least it was different than for synthetic linux target which I successfully did.
There were no files in opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/install/lib and there was only 1 directory pkgconf in
opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/install/include and no files. Is the tree different than for synthetic linux
target ? Or the tree was not prperly generated ?   This problem has occurred several times.
In this case, I got the following output

[root@subodh examples]# make hello
arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm7tdmi                       -c -o
hello.o -g -Wall
-I/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/install/include
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections hello.c
hello.c:2: stdio.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [hello.o] Error 1

   When I copied all the files/directories that I thought were missing from synthetic linux application,
I got the segmentation fault mentioned at the beginning.

   Please let me know if there are any problems in generating tree. Also if tree (file structure) for
synthetic linux and arm is same then tell me how to eliminate the segmenation fault.

Regards,

Subodh