Re: Now What (New Port)

Hi Mike,

Michael Kelly wrote:

> I have my ecos/redboot EPROM all burned in.  I get past
> the hardware init and pci init (I print simple messages
> to a character LCD display).  I get a single plus sign '+'
> out of port 0, and then.... nothing. :-(  So now where do
> I look?  I notice that the port I copied is using a hal_diag.c
> file to implement a serial driver, even though the generic
> 16x5x driver is also being setup.  I see that most of the
> ports do this so I did as well.

There are two serial "drivers": one polled, defined in the HAL
(hal_diag.c). And the other interrupt driven. This latter one is often
split into two packages to allow people to use "generic" 16x5x driver
infrastructure, and then another package instantiates it for particular
hardware. For RedBoot, you are only concerned with the polled stuff though.