Re: need info about ARM7 built sections

Joris Roussel wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> On ARM7 target, different sections are built but I can't find in any eCos
> document to what they correspond.

Many of them are primarily a property of ELF. Look at the standards for
that. The few non-ELF sections are fairly self-explanatory (rom_vectors
etc.).

> QUESTION :
>
> Which sections can I put in a read-only device and which ones must be
> mapped in RAM ?

use objdump -h and you can see which ones have the LOAD attribute.

> What is the use of each one (or where can I find such info) ?

Sorry, something like that would take too long for a non-customer. Maybe
some non-Red Hat person will oblige.