This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: v850-stub with ecos ?
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- To: "Mauler Karsten (FV/SLM) *" <Karsten dot Mauler at de dot bosch dot com>
- Cc: "'ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:07:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] v850-stub with ecos ?
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <55CB9FEAE87DD411A83200508BDF0DFE0107E185@himail8.hi.de.bosch.com>
"Mauler Karsten (FV/SLM) *" wrote:
> i am trying to build a v850-gdb-stub for my evaluation board.
> I used the CEB Template with the option - stub.
> After compiling, a file ./ceb_install/bin/gdb_module.img was created.
> Using Objectdump, i can see, that is not a burnable stub-file, cause
> the startup-vectors are not present.
It's an ELF file. You *could* convert it to binary with:
v850-elf-objcopy -O binary gdb_module.img gdb_module.bin
> So, what must i do, to get a complete image with gdb-stub included which can
> be burned into the v850 ?
> I activated following options without success:
> - Build GDB-stub ROM image
This one should have worked. Are you sure you made the option take effect,
e.g. by doing "ecosconfig tree"? Describe what you did to set the option.
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine