RE: [iPAQ] Restore CE (or bootldr) from Redboot?

Jamey,

Thank you for the response.  :-)

I didn't see it as a problem to overwrite Redboot.  I've not had a problem
using the HTC firmware to restore an image that it wrote to CF (I have a
pair of 20MB CF chips for the purpose), but I'll take your word for it that
you've seen problems.  Fixing bricks is likely not your favorite hobby.

I guess I've got a conservative bent that wonders about any implications of
running WinCE with bootldr instead of the OEM-supplied firmware.  But I'm
willing to hear that it works just fine.  Does bootldr support CF images
yet?  That would seem to me to be faster and less error-prone than xmodem
over a serial link.

Anything that can make dualboot a feasible reality is a good thing, in my
view.  That includes firmware that could image Flash and RAM in one shot to
a sufficiently large CF, and likewise restore.

	--- Noel