This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
RE: [iPAQ] Restore CE (or bootldr) from Redboot?
- From: Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam dot org>
- To: Gary Thomas <gthomas at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Hicks, Jamey" <Jamey dot Hicks at compaq dot com>, "Noel J. Bergman" <noel at devtech dot com>, <ipaq at handhelds dot org>, eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>, George Saj <gsaj at acm dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:14:42 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ECOS] RE: [iPAQ] Restore CE (or bootldr) from Redboot?
On 5 Feb 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 12:12, Hicks, Jamey wrote:
> > >
> > > So how does this work? Is there some way to load the WinCE image into
> > > RAM and then "boot" it (i.e. run it)?
> > The only way to test whether it runs is to load it into flash and jump
> > to it.
> Do you load it to some FLASH address other than the start and then run
> it? I'm just trying to understand the process so we can work towards an
> optimal solution/recommendation.
AFAIK bootldr completely replaces the parot bootloader and can boot WinCE.
Redboot is flashed after parot effectively conflicting with the flash space
required by WinCE.