new operator in fopen.cxx

Hey,

I have had errors when linking with fopen() that the new operator is not defined. Seaching through the source I found that in all other instances where new is used the operator is defined within the module (see mutex.cxx). I solved my problem by including the following definition in fopen.cxx.

inline void *operator new(size_t size) { return calloc(1,size); };

I really don't feel good about this. I'm not a C++ expert but shouldn't there be a global definition for new somewhere?

So it goes...
Marty Broeske
mbroeske@oddparity.com