Re: access cvs server problem, please advise

At 19:25 06/02/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Pete Barrie wrote:
> > >I just tried it again from my home (not freeserve), and it works fine. Has
> > >it ever worked before? Can you telnet to sources.redhat.com port 2401? Can
> > >you ping sources.redhat.com?
>
>Did you try this? Other ports you could try to see if there is a response:
>21, 22, and 25.
>
> > Can you telnet to sources.redhat.com port 80?
> > >If so, and you type "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" followed by two returns, does it
> have
> > >a Via line?

Jonathan, thanks for your time and suggestions. I've got a
solution. My original downloaded CVS client was from
http://www.cvshome.org/dev/codewindow.html
File is:
http://ftp.cvshome.org/win32/cvs1-11-1p1.zip

I deleted this and loaded the Cygwin version through
my Cygwin setup program.
This one works for me.
I'm running Cygwin on Win2000.

Thanks again.