This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RE: [iPAQ] Restore CE (or bootldr) from Redboot?
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- To: David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead dot org>
- Cc: "Hicks, Jamey" <Jamey dot Hicks at compaq dot com>,Gary Thomas <gthomas at redhat dot com>,"Noel J. Bergman" <noel at devtech dot com>, ipaq at handhelds dot org,eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>,George Saj <gsaj at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:20:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] RE: [iPAQ] Restore CE (or bootldr) from Redboot?
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Hicks, Jamey wrote:
> > I agree with this as well, but many of the people who try out Linux on
> > the iPAQ do not spend the extra money on a sleeve and cards. If they
> > did, they might be less inclined to reinstall WinCE. It's a good
> > argument for putting USB support into redboot and/or bootldr.
> eCos has USB support on this platform. _Theoretically_ it should have a
> good chance of working in RedBoot. I don't think anyone's ever tried it
It definitely needs work to get running. The existing code relies on
interrupts, whereas RedBoot deliberately runs with interrupts disabled.
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine