This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: System timer resolution and TCP/IP package
- From: Grant Edwards <grante at visi dot com>
- To: Jurica Baricevic <jura at INTESIS dot hr>
- Cc: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>,Ecos <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:26:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] System timer resolution and TCP/IP package
- References: <20020125141707.A15335@visi.com> <NFBBJGOLDDDGJPLCMJKNMEGGCDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:07:59AM +0100, Jurica Baricevic wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote (Friday, January 25, 2002 21:17):
> > > > > > It would be awfully nice if this got into 2.0 -- has the
> > > > > > deadline passed for that?
> > > > >
> > > > > Nope.
> > > >
> > > > If help is needed in order to get this into 2.0, I could pry
> > > > loose some hours...
> > >
> > > Well, it's not one of the things likely to get fixed otherwise
> > > :-|. If you don't get round to fixing it, it would probably be
> > > good to submit it as a bug so we don't lose it.
> > If somebody else is working on it I don't want to duplicate
> > efforts. Has anybody started?
> Well, I have just tried the first two (trivial) modifications from my list
> and at the first glance the clock tick looked good. Since I am also
> interested in running network package at 1ms I could also lose some time on
> getting it.
I just heard from another customer who'd like system timer
resolution better than 10ms (and he wants network stuff to
work). This looks like something I'm going to want to provide
in the near future.
Is there anything I can help work on or test?
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss