This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: System timer resolution and TCP/IP package
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- To: Grant Edwards <grante at visi dot com>,Jurica Baricevic <jura at INTESIS dot hr>,Ecos <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:44:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] System timer resolution and TCP/IP package
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <20020125141707.A15335@visi.com> <NFBBJGOLDDDGJPLCMJKNMEGGCDAA.email@example.com> <20020212122625.A22150@visi.com> <3C695EAB.512B760E@redhat.com>
Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
> > I just heard from another customer who'd like system timer
> > resolution better than 10ms (and he wants network stuff to
> > work). This looks like something I'm going to want to provide
> > in the near future.
> > Is there anything I can help work on or test?
> Note: a signicant issue is that courtesy of Axis communications, we are now
> working on IPv6 support. This *won't* be in v2.0, but should eventually
> appear in anonymous CVS when Axis are happy to do so, and we're happy it
> works properly (the work is not yet complete).
Just so people get an idea, this is likely to be a number of months yet, so
if anyone would want it sooner in a defined timescale, it would only be by
talking to Red Hat with a view to a commercial arrangement. That's the way
it works I'm afraid.
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss