Re: System timer resolution and TCP/IP package

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:44:03PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Grant Edwards wrote:
> > >
> > > I just heard from another customer who'd like system timer
> > > resolution better than 10ms (and he wants network stuff to
> > > work).  This looks like something I'm going to want to provide
> > > in the near future.
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can help work on or test?
> >
> > Note: a signicant issue is that courtesy of Axis communications, we are now
> > working on IPv6 support. This *won't* be in v2.0, but should eventually
> > appear in anonymous CVS when Axis are happy to do so, and we're happy it
> > works properly (the work is not yet complete).
>
> Just so people get an idea, this is likely to be a number of months yet,

"this" being the FreeBSD stack supporting IPV6, rather than the
v2.0 release?

> so if anyone would want it sooner in a defined timescale, it
> would only be by talking to Red Hat with a view to a commercial
> arrangement. That's the way it works I'm afraid.

I don't have a need for IPV6, but I would find very useful the
fixes for running system timer at other than 10ms.  I can apply
those patches to 2.0 if I need to.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com