This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Network app in rom/flash
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- To: Pieter Truter <ptruter at intrinsyc dot com>
- Cc: "'ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com'" <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:14:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Network app in rom/flash
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <FF4C56C7B8A3D41183FA000629D5CCACAE6B33@cougar.intrinsyc.com>
Pieter Truter wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am working on a highlevel loader that support HTTP downloads. The problem
> is that everything is running perfectly in RAM. When I take the same
> application and make it a ROM version, everything works fine except for the
> networking code.
> The HTTP downloads will hang in the middle of a download, never at the same
> place. After this, the whole network package is screwed up (FTP,DNS,HTTP)
> while everyting else is still OK.
> I have played around with stack size, priorities and everything else I can
> think of without any success.
> Does anyone have the same problems or any ideas?
One suggestion: ROM is often a lot slower than RAM, so perhaps it is timing
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss