This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Insight 5.1 i386-elf-gdb Cygwin startup problem
- From: Pete Barrie <Peter dot Barrie at cis dot strath dot ac dot uk>
- To: Pete Barrie <Peter dot Barrie at cis dot strath dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:02:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Insight 5.1 i386-elf-gdb Cygwin startup problem
- References: <email@example.com>
At 13:49 13/02/2002 +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>Pete Barrie wrote:
> > Latest Insight release for x86 V5.1
> > i386-elf-gdb _was_ working under Cygwin
> > I think I ran gdb (/usr/bin/gdb) a few times
> > Now when I run i386-elf-gdb it bombs out
> > without starting UI . Goes back to command
> > prompt. No error messages.
> > However,
> > i386-elf-gdb -nx starts up OK (-nx : Do not read gdb.ini file)
> > I take it this is an gdb.ini file issue?
> > Maybe a file over-write?
> > I'm not sure how to fix this.
> > I rebuilt complete Insight system - no change in behaviour.
> > Any thoughts.
>If you run
>it may be more likely to tell you the problem it had. Maybe :-)
Tried that already Jonathan. No clues I'm afraid.
i386-elf-gdb -nw works fine
i386-elf-gdb -nx works fine
i386-elf-gdb exits silently after loading.
Thanks anyway for your time
>Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
>Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss