This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Booting from a Redboot Floppy
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- To: venkatesh <venkatc at in dot ceeyes dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:20:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Booting from a Redboot Floppy
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I formatted the floppy in windows and loaded the "redboot.bin" image through
> Cygwin with the command "dd conv=sync if=redboot.bin of=/dev/fd0"
> I also have a doubt regarding what is that "redboot.elf" file for ? Do we
> need to use it ? If so, how?
It is the "full" executable image for RedBoot, in ELF format. This allows
it to be converted to a number of other formats like binary, s-record, and
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss