Re: Re: eCos tools' gcc minor version

>On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 19:40, Sam Sortais >wrote:
>> This brings some questions in my mind.
>> I do not understand what the current patch
>> gcc2.95 is doing and if it is to solve a
>> general compiler problem or a specific
>> patch to get eCos working only.
>>

>The patch solves a problem in gcc-2.95.2 but
>vanilla 2.95.3 already
>contains a fix. The patch also adds some
>stuff needed to configure for a
>raw i386-elf and some sparc targets.
 ^^^
I am not a compiler guy, so I am trying to
figure out what you mean by 'raw'.
Is it necessary to get this 'stuff' which
configure something to compile and run an
eCos target? In which case I cannot compile
the eCos library without this patch and with
another more recent compiler? Unless this is already in 2.95.3 as well, please confirm.

Based on previous e-mails I understood however
it shall be possible to compile some generic
object files for both Linux and eCos with same
compiler (e.g: 2.95.3), thanks all.

Sam.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!