Re: Network code unstable (Still Not Solved).

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:07:16PM -0800, Pieter Truter wrote:
> Here is the promissed test app.
> I am not sure what is working and what is not.
> Sometimes it crash after 100 loops, sometimes after the first loop. If I put
> it in ROM it always crash in the first loop.

I cannot see anything obvious wrong.

Do you have asserts enabled? If not, enable them. They are part of the
INFRA package.

How does it crash? Lock solid? Drop in gdb? Throw an exception? Where
in the cycle? Always at the beginning of the transfer? Always near the
end? Somewhere in the middle? Does it vary?

Could it be something else on the network. Use tcpdump to grab all
broadcast traffic and any unicast traffic to/from the node which is
not tftp. See if anything happens as it crashes eg DHCP renewal, an
NTP broadcast, a ping of death from some hacker in your network?

    Andrew