memory alloc question

Hi,

I`m wondering what the maximum size is that I can allocate to a memory
pool in ECOS.
I`m planning to use a memory pool as the heap for a virtual  machine so
it should be as big as possible when I allocate it.

What is the best aproach?? Using malloc to obtain a pointer to a free
block that I use to construct the pool or declaring a global varible of
x bytes that I use as the base adres for the pool?

In the ecos configtool you can enter the size of the fallback dynamic
memory pool..
Does it have anything to do with this?

Thanks,

Tom