Ethernet problem

Hi all,

I have some trouble with my ethernet connection on my mpc850. I have
measured on the output pins on the board with an oschilloscope and i can see
that i have both rx and tx clock in from the ethernet chip. I can also see
that i have a lot of incoming traffic on the rx channel. However, i can't
reach the board with a ping and i don't get a successful ping from the board
to a host eighter. The below text is some of the debug printouts from
test_ping.c and i wonder why the hw_addr isn't correct. As fas as i know,
this is set by the last function in the ethernet_init routine:

// Initialize upper level driver
    (sc->funs->eth_drv->init)(sc, (unsigned char *)&enaddr);

Should it be set anywhere else?

If this hw_addr isn't the problem to why the board can't be reach then what
else do i need to check?

Regards, Daniel

----debug printout from test_ping.c -----

BOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY