This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: scheduler lock bypassed ??
- From: Jesper Skov <jskov at redhat dot com>
- To: Stijn Symons <stijn dot symons at acunia dot com>
- Cc: eCos Discuss <ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 01 Mar 2002 07:52:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] scheduler lock bypassed ??
- References: <3C7CC9A8.E9DEE418@acunia.com>
On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 12:57, Stijn Symons wrote:
> a short question:
> will a higher priority thread respect a scheduler_lock placed by a lower
> priority thread or will the higher priority thread run?
> I ask this because it seems that a thread of priority 4 wakes up during
> a scheduler_lock placed by a thread of priority 5. Is this possible or
> is my testing wrong?
It should not be possible. When the scheduler is locked, the thread
taking the lock will keep running forever until it releases the lock
again. You will see execution of ISRs and DSRs though.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss