Re: PowerPC SMC serial port drivers.

>On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 14:47, Erik Reikes wrote:

<snip>

> > I found a couple of messages relating to a port of the SCC for use as a
>UART
> > on the diag channel a while back.  Did this code ever get rolled into
>the
> > CVS tree for Ecos?  If so, is there a configuration option I am missing
>that
> > enables it?  If not was there a reason it didn't?
> >

>No, although there has been talk of supporting SCCx ports, we've never
>received
>any contributions in this area.  At this time, SCCx is not supported,
>sorry.

You might want to check out :
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-07/msg00734.html

It sounds like he implemented it.  I emailed him asking permission to use
that code, but haven't heard back from him yet.

>The network should work fine (it does for me).  One thing you can do to
>avoid
>messing with DHCP/BOOTP is to use 'fconfig' and set a static IP address.

Thanks for the pointer.  I am now able to ping it, but wheneveer I try to
connect to it I get this type of scenario from gdb:

On the target side it spews out a bunch of decoded ethernet packets.  I have
a feeling this could be somehow interfering with the tcp gdb support.  Is
there a way to turn these off?  Do I have to run a tftp server if gdb is
doing the connection?

Thanks.

(gdb) target remote 192.168.0.78:9000
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Remote debugging using 192.168.0.78:9000
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

(gdb) load
Error: You can't do that when your target is `exec'

(gdb) target remote 192.168.0.78:9000
Error: 192.168.0.78:9000: Attempt to connect timed out without establishing
a connection.

(gdb)