Re: PowerPC SMC serial port drivers.

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 13:42, Erik Reikes wrote:
> I connects but after a few packets it goes out to lunch and I have to reboot
> the target to get it to do anything.  The same thing happens with pings.
> When I ping the box it always replies to the first three packets but then
> never responds to anything again.
>
> I've attached the output of the packet debug from the serial console and
> what I typed in.
>
> It appears that the TCP implementation is overflowing or something and
> crapping out after a few packets.  I may try rebuilding redboot, but I'm a
> little nervous reflashing the thing as it would be a boat anchor if it
> doesn't work.  Maybe I'll just run another redboot out of RAM....

Give that a shot.  I just tried my Viper here (we've sadly not had much
time nor call to work with it much in the past few months) and found
that it runs much better from RAM than FLASH.

Can you get by with a RAM version [for now]?  Perhaps what we need here
is a ROMRAM version of RedBoot, but I may not be able to get to it soon.