Re: Interprocess communication

>On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:12:40PM -0600, Alfredo Carrillo wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am developing a pager simulation under the Linux synthetic target. In
>>order to simulate the pager's face I did a GTK+ program.
>>
>>To comunicate the GTK+ process whith eCos program, I am trying to
>>implement a shared memory segment using the UNIX IPC system calls. Below
>>is part of the eCos code I'm using to create the new shared memory
>>
>segment.
>
>>But the compiler sends this output:
>>*shmCr.c:39: undefined reference to `shmget'*
>>
>>Does anybody know what is wrong?, or what can I do to communicate both
>>processes?
>>

>eCos is not linked with the standard libc which contains these shm*
>functions. Hence the linker error.
>
>The synthetic eCos does have a backdoor to the Linux Kernel. You can
>make system calls. There are quite a few mails in the archive about
>this, mostly about accessing sockets and the filesystem. They should
>give you the idea...
>
>     Andrew

I added to syscall-i386-linux-1.0.S file (found at
/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages/hal/i386/linux/v1_3_1/src) the entries for
shm* functions. After that, the compiler sends the same output as
before. I also tried to use another functions from the list, and the
result was the same.

To call the function, I tried as follows: cyg_hal_sys_shmget(...)

Are there another things to do before to use the systemcalls?

Thank you very much Andrew, further help will be also higly appreciated.

--
Alfredo Carrillo
alcarrillo@tec.com.mx