Redboot capabilities

Hi,

I have some quite basic question about redboot. In my application i want to
check a few different interfaces for a new binary file to download and
execute. I need the bootprogram to check for such file in the following
priority order:

* Pc-card
* Usb
* Ethernet
* Serial

Is this possible with redboot? As i understand from the redboot manual then
it is only possible to write scripts with the existing commandline options.
Is it possible to write an own application that make use of some of redboot
functionality such as bootp, fis etc?

Regards, Daniel