cyg_mbox_get blocks off other threads?

Hi all,

We have a thread running at a high priority wich is waiting eternally on
a message out of queue with cyg_mbox_get. This thread is waiting for
messages of other threads to say they want to die. These dying threads
run at a lower priority.

It seems that our waiting thread is blocking off all the other threads.
Doesn't the waiting thread let other threads play while it's doing
cyg_mbox_get? Or is this the 'highest priority runs' trick in full
effect?

thanks,

stijn