RE: Buidling a stand-alone application on ARM E7T

First of i will tell you it is nontrivial work. you can not make it work in a
very stright forward way. The guide line is that you follow the way redboot
is built because it is also a simple application.

>I tried as follow but it doesn't work :
>1) suppress the -g option in Ecos Configuration tools

Also you have to build the image for the ROM boot means you have to make the
CYG_HAL_STARTUP as ROM instead of RAM
and also ensure that CYGHWR_MEMORY_LAYOUT_LDI and CYGHWR_MEMORY_LAYOUT_H uses
the files pkgconf/mlt_arm_e7t_rom.ldi and  pkgconf/mlt_arm_e7t_rom.h
respectively.

>2) rebuild the ecos library
fine
>3) compile my code without the -g option
also you have to add some thing called module header. please see the redboot
build. and how it is adding the module header. The fact is that the BSL in
the ARM e7t will not recognise any module without the module header.

>4) link to the ecos library
>5) uuencode the .exe file
>6) download into E7T SRAM using BSL
>7) transfer into E7T Flash using BSL (flashwrite)

>Afterwards, typing the BSL command, "rommodules", but the new code doesn't
>appear in the list of modules.

hope this helps,

good luck,

/Ravi