Re: Redboot capabilities

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 12:22, Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some quite basic question about redboot. In my application i want to
> check a few different interfaces for a new binary file to download and
> execute. I need the bootprogram to check for such file in the following
> priority order:
>
> * Pc-card
> * Usb
> * Ethernet
> * Serial
>
> Is this possible with redboot?

Yes, with the correct drivers, most of these should be possible. Except
for serial - you can't "check" anything since it's just a piece of wet
string. You need something at the other end to provide data if you want
autoloading...

> As i understand from the redboot manual then
> it is only possible to write scripts with the existing commandline options.
> Is it possible to write an own application that make use of some of redboot
> functionality such as bootp, fis etc?

Yes. Add RedBoot commands. Or clone the features from RedBoot (and
remember to release the sources of anything based on RedBoot).

Jesper