RE: building problem with redboot

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested, but still have problems
which I described following your answer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesper Skov [mailto:jskov@redhat.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 11:14 PM
To: Jing Luo
Cc: eCos Discuss
Subject: Re: [ECOS] building problem with redboot

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 03:12, Jing Luo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. I got a building problem when I want to have GDB debug function with
> redboot as the following.
> The detailed build output is as the attachment.
> The prblem is cyg_start have conflict definition in main.c and stubrom.c
> when it try to build gdb_module.o.
> I choosed CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS & CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS &
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT in cfgtools.

All you have to do is build for the RedBoot template (i.e., ecosconfig
new <platform> redboot). Don't change any of the GDB related options.
They are all correct.

[Result] After build with Redboot template, downloaded to 80200 board, start
GDB, try to connect, it spends about 10 senconds and showed up successfully
connected, but when I try to download files to the board, it said no
connection to target.
Try to connect from console:
(gdb) set remotebaud 57600
(gdb) target remote com2
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Remote debugging using com2
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

> 2. Thanks for your guys' help, I ported redboot to 80200. It can be booted
> into redboot now. :-)
> But When I load -m xMODEM, it takes about 10 seconds to get 'C' prompt. I
> can't figure out why it takes such a long time. The source code only takes
> about 500000us. Why?

Your HAL_DELAY_US macro/function does not work correctly, it would
appear. That's where you should look.
[Result] I changed HAL_DELAY_US, the clock cycle showed up right. But I
can't download 282 Bytes file via Redboot with timeout.
But before the change, the clock cycle is wrong, but downloading succeeded.

-
Jesper