Booting Floppy Making prob!

Hi all,

I am trying to make  a eCos system where host is windows  [ 386 pc] . I made
the GNU binutils,gcc,gdb, for 386-pc
successfully, then I am trying to make boot floppy in this way ,steps are
1) eCos Configuration Tool  File->new
2) Build->Templates		 hardware-> i386 PC target
				Packages ->stubs
3)then save
4)build
it is sucessful

then according to the manual it is given that  1st check wheather A: drive
is mounted or not if it is then it would show like this
     \\.\a:   /dev/fd0    user     binmode
if it is not listed then mount the floppy drive using the command
  dd conv=sync if=install/bin/gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0       then use that
floppy for booting another floppy bootable machine.
I checked it is not there,
when I am doing this it is comming    dd: /dev/fd0: No such file or
directory

then I mounted floppy drive  by this command      mount -f -b //./a:
/dev/fd0
after that it is showing  like this

D:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin\tmp on /tmp type user (binmode)
D:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
\\.\a: on /dev/fd0 type user (binmode)
C: on /C type user (textmode)
d: on /d type user (textmode)

then I applied that command

dd conv=sync if=install/bin/gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0

it is showing something is in unreadable char ,that mean something is
I put the same command 2nd time
then it is showing like this

40+1 records in
41+0 records out

I used that floppy to boot anothe PC which is floppy bootable .but it is not
booting

thanks
can u have any solution so that I can proceed to solve these problem

Regds.

Samiran
Samiran Sarkar
Software Engineer