Re: Keyboard input with Redboot

At 10:26 27/03/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all ..
>
>Currently I am working on ecos from cvs on i386 pc.
>Let me explain my problem in detail:
>I have made a redboot floppy for i386 pc from updated
>ecos.
>It is working fine, I can load my allication in to it
>.
>My application is  build for i386 pc which is also
>working fine for Ram startup and for floppy startup
>.But problem with my ecos is that I can not  debug  it
>by adding some input functions like scanf() ,gets().
>whenever these functions come across debuger,it simply
>hangs for waiting input from keyboard.It can not
>take input from target side(Redboot) as well as from
>host side(Gdb).But these functions are working fine
>with floppy .
>  I have tokill & restart the same debugging process
>but the same thing happens again and again.
>  I have enabled all the option like...
>   CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL for
>"Diagnostic serial port"
>  CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN  for "Output to PC
>screen ,
>
>CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT  for vector support.
>But no result from these .When I trace the problem it
>seems that
>instead of calling to  hal_diag_init() from
>HAL_DIAG_INIT() in hal_diag.h
>it is calling  hal_if_diag_init().Is it the right
>call?
>I thing it is creating the problem.
>I have made an attempt to invoke the   hal_diag_init()
>function which is calling the screen & keyboards
>initialisation functions in turns,but I failed .
>
>Please help me if somebody has overcome the same
>problem.

My settings to use Pc Screen/keyboard:

With i386 target I took the default ecc file and changed the
following macros in the 1.3.net configuration tool:
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN True
CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE False
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_COMM_CHANNELS 3
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL 2
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT 2
CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN False
You can search for these using the Find button on the Toolbar.
Then I did:
Build | Clean
Build | Library
Then I remade my application to link with updated
kernel configuration.
So now for example, printf() goes to PC screen,
scanf() comes from PC keyboard.
Thanks to Jonathan Larmour for his help

HTH. Pete