Re: problems with Redboot

Jing Luo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your help, I can boot up Redboot from ROM and start my test on
> 80200EVB today.
>
> But there are still some problems I need to address and please give me a
> hand.
> 1. Build Library Problem
> When I changed and saved header file in vectors dependency file list, and
> rebuild libraries, I found out the vectors.o didn't get rebuild. I doubted
> the linker has problem to get the dependency files.

As Jesper said there are some build problems. If you see something like
this it's always safest to make a new empty build tree, copying your
configuration into it if required.

> 2. XSCALE_BTB problem
> If I turned on CYGSEM_HAL_SCALE_80200_BTB in cfgtools, downloading
> application file .srec on Redboot failed.
> The application didn't get downloaded even the xmodem showed 100%
> downloaded.

Turning on a config option in an application shouldn't make any difference
to the download of that application in general. I imagine something else is
going wrong. Or did you mean that you changed the option with the redboot
build?